I’ve a bit concern about the total radiation. But I’m not expert in
calorimetry, neither in heat transfer.

Radiation is emission of IR (infrared) from a warm surface. The Boltzmann’s
law give the energy radiated from a surface at a given temperature and kind
of material.

Inside the Celani’s cell, there are equipments (included wires) which emit
also IR. The total surface inside the cell is not negligible and warmer than
the borosilicate glass. What happens to the IR from the inside of the cell
when they arrive to the borosilicate glass? Does the IR heat the glass or
did they pass through it? Or is it like a greenhouse effect’s?

The IR wavelength emitted inside the cell is around 5 ~8 µm. What is the
transmission of those IR through the glass used by Celani? From Duran “In
the spectral range from about 310 to 2200 nm the absorption of DURAN® is
negligibly low.” What about above the 2200 nm?
<http://www.duran-group.com/en/about-duran/duran-properties/optical-properti
es-of-duran.html>
http://www.duran-group.com/en/about-duran/duran-properties/optical-propertie
s-of-duran.html

My thinking could be here completely false.

  _____