While the Capronismo is humorous (did they envision ground effect?) the
comparison really isn't fair.  Rossi's 1MW heat plant is low complexity and
makes a lot of sense from the standpoint of industrial learning curve:

Base it on a standard unit of replication with a minimal connecting
infrastructure so that you can get the volume advantages.

Only if there are substantial economies of scale in the core unit does it
make sense to increase its size.

If you want to ridicule Rossi, find another way to do it.