Hi,
[snip]
>Yes. Pixels in image sensors can be marginal or noisy, plus we may be
>seeing artifacts of how images are combined from pixels. Analysis of
>the raw data would show, through statistical analysis.

...and how often does such a random combination of fluctuating pixels move
consistently in one direction across the frame from one image to the next?

As for a star, I doubt it because there is a background brightness in the center
of the top images, which I think is the Sun, just above the camera. The fact
that this bright region doesn't move relative to the camera shows that there
isn't a great deal of time between shots (or they are taken at the same time on
different days, which seems a little bizarre). However in the unlikely event
that the latter is the case, then the moving dot could be a moon.

The moon option also doesn't appear to agree with the image containing three
dots the same size (AFAIK Mars only has two moons).

BTW what happened to the part that lowered Curiosity to the surface then "took
off"? Could it now be in orbit? Was something left in orbit to relay radio
signals?

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk