Daniel Rocha <danieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

So, why doesn't Rossi adopt the strategy of microchip makers? That is, mass
> produce chips in mass, but discarding the ones that doesn't work.

You would have to ask Rossi.

That strategy might work. I think there are many ways to solve this
problem, but I see no sign that Rossi intends to do any of them.

I think it would be better to throw a large sum of money at the problem to
improve reliability. I mean $100 million or so. As I have said here, I
think it will take far more money than that, but even billions of dollars
are a trivial sum compared to the profits that will be made, and the money
consumers will save, so the cost is unimportant. The important thing is:

1. Do it quickly, or the competition will beat you to the market.

2. Ensure reliability and safety. Cold fusion resembles aviation in that
respect. In aviation, they *never* stint on the money it takes to ensure an
extremely high level of safety and reliability. Much higher than other
industries. Aviation would be destroyed if a dozen large airplanes crashed
because of mechanical problems or design errors.