in fact I've heard of wikipedia spitrit in the old time :
it was to express reasonable opinion, all reasonable opinions, with
reference data, show controversies, ...

but on some subject I follow I've see that peer-reviewed but non mainstream
point of view get thrown out by ideological non scientific lobbies...

some subject that are proved scientifically are presented as controversial
or fringe, while their are mainstream in the technical domain, yet
unpopular in popular ideology...
(see ormesis)...
clearly wikipedia sine 5-8 years have been cleaned by some non scientific
powerfull lobbies (and not corporate)...
More over I see more and more fringe science , but popular for those
lobbies.

funnily on a vulgarization science , futura-science.fr, I've seen the same
"thought-police", allowing very fringe discussion, but violently rejecting
some serious non consensual discussion, like LENR..