Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

Input is clearly being amplified by a positive feedback modality.

That is true, without doubt. Fleischmann pointed that out in 1990. He
triggered the boil-off events with an external heat pulse. It works the
same way whether the heat comes from outside or whether it is
self-generating in positive feedback as McKubre calls it.

No one disputes that heat triggers and enhances the reaction, with Pd-D and
Ni-H. But that does not mean you cannot cut off the external heating
completely, once you reach the operating temperature.

I do not see how an external heat source can be used to control the
reaction, because internal heating soon overtakes it in any case. If
positive feedback can cause an out-of-control reaction (such as an
explosion), I do not see how external heating can prevent that.

It is not clear what the control factors are, but I am sure the reaction
can be controlled. It does not always run out of control and explode, so
there must be some mechanism preventing that. It is not like putting a
flame to loose gunpowder.