Rossi has been asked another time about drive during the self sustaining mode
and confirmed that it is required for safety reasons.  Check this question and
answer. http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=748&cpage=3#comment-365011
and http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=748&cpage=3#comment-365064.
With this response there can be little doubt that what he refers to as SSM is
really a duty cycle input drive waveform as I have suggested on many occasions.
 In his journal, he points out that the Hot Cat SSM periods are typically 1
hour.  My interpretation is that the drive lasts for about 1 hour and then the
device drifts for another 1 hour.  I admit that he is elusive in explaining the
actual operation of the device.

Also, Rossi continues to quote a COP of 6 for his product.  Read this link:
http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=748&cpage=3#comment-365306.  This
is for the Hot Cat contracts even with the latest reported data.  I do not
consider this a problem at this point since it makes sense according to my
simulations.  Of course I would like to see evidence of a larger COP, but with
the high temperatures now being produced it is obvious to me that he should be
able to connect his device to a generator of some type and have sufficient
electrical power available for the drive and plenty left over.  At one time gas
heating was suggested by him, but that appears to be left out of his postings
now.  I am not sure why this is so.

Dave