defkalion is more clear about that, and it look similar.

they drive the chamber with plasma excitation for few time, then for few
minute the reactor is not excited (told SSM for e-cat).... When getting
cooler, it is excited again.

Cycle looks the same for E-catand Hyperion, but E-cat is just slower, and
excitation is just heat , not spark.