The primary reasons why the climate is not heating up faster than it has
been include oceanic thermal inertia and industrial negative aerosol
forcing.

There is a lot of water in the ocean and there still is loads of ice spread
around the world that can cool that water.

In the case of oceanic thermal inertia, the good news is that because the
oceans are so large, and take so much time to absorb the thermal energy, we
are warming more slowly than would otherwise occur.

The bad news is that the oceans not only take up heat slowly, the also
dissipate heat slowly. So even if we are able to reduce the greenhouse
gases in the earth atmosphere to reasonable levels (closer to 300ppm CO2)
the thermal inertia of the oceans will still take quite some time to
respond and cooling down the earth will take considerable time.
On the bright side, We still have some time to get LENR and zero point
energy(ZPE) extraction developed and deployed to replace fossil fuel
burning before all the ice is gone.

Cheers:    Axil