The original thread title for this topic has gone bonkers.

Axil Axil <janap...@gmail.com> quotes DGT:

> "For a brief period of around 10 -13th second, each RSH proton is very
> close to its electron. Then the RSH nuclei is a masqueraded neutron. As a
> result, Coulomb forces between such nuclei are almost zero during this
> short time window."

They have equipment that can detect these events?!? Their calorimeter seems
crude. I do not see any nuclear physics equipment nearby that can measure
reactions. I have seen various gadgets such as scintillation detectors
at Hokkaido U., Osaka U. and elsewhere. I do not see any in the photos.
Anyway, I do not think an ordinary detector works for reactions lasting
10E-13 seconds. Honestly, I have never seen such equipment and I do not
know what it would look like. Something like this, perhaps?

https://newsline.llnl.gov/articles/2008/mar/03.14.08_detector.php

This is a serious question. Is there some indication DGT measured these
reactions? How would you do that? I wouldn't know.

If DGT has not actually measured these reactions, and confirmed them
several times, I think it is unwise to talk about them. It is mere
speculation, which serves no purpose. It makes them look bad.

Cold fusion is based on experimental results at present. Until the
experimental results, including fast nuclear reaction data, clearly point
to a physics theory, I think experimentalists should avoid citing one
theory or another. This is especially true of people who are trying to
develop cold fusion into a business. It is okay for an academic scientist
to speculate about theory with no actual experimental proof. Silly, but
okay. But in business I think this would be considered unethical.

Theorists such as Hagelstein or Widom and Larsen have nothing else to talk
about but theory. So it is fine for them to speculate and build what may
turn out to be castles in the air. That's their job.