http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek

Scriptural reference

The phrase originates from the Sermon on the Mount in the New
Testament. In the Gospel of Matthew, an alternative for "an eye for an
eye" is given by Jesus:

38 ¶ Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a
tooth for a tooth:

39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall
smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
 40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat,
let him have thy cloke also.
 41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
 42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of
thee turn not thou away.

—Matthew 5:38–5:42 KJV

In the Sermon on the Plain[1] in the Gospel of Luke, as part of his
command to "love your enemies", Jesus says:

27 ¶ But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them
which hate you,

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the
other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat
also.
 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away
thy goods ask them not again.
 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

—Luke 6:27–31 KJV

Harry