I didn't make any claims - or reject any claims - based on "gut feel."
There are obviously many more potentially valuable experimental approaches
than time or money to pursue them all. I believe there is insufficient
information to make a completely defensible objective choice between them.
In situations like this, decisions about what to pursue and what to ignore
generally have to be made on the basis of "gut feel." In this context I
stated mine. It's not the same as (e.g.) a belief in, or rejection of, a
theoretical idea that goes beyond what can be supported by the data.

Jeff