our capacity to use hiden channel of information to get data on other
people is surprising.

any actor know that if you don't feel what you say, spectators can see it
instantly.

more surprising it have been show that humans can detect som mental states
characteristics throug the walking move. In fact humans can detect if the
walking human is male/female, dominant/dominated personality, the mood,
just with the move of the ankle and foot.
they tested that with motion capture transforming a real human move into
few point, and found out that reducing up to the foot only was enough to
get the data.

the TV serie, lie to me is based on similar research on face move
detection, even if there is exaggeration. As I said before it won't
surprise an actor, who know that you have to feel your character and the
situation when you play. Liars do that naturally, and microexpression
detection is just a way to detect failures in that fraud about feelings
(liars modify their mental state like actors, it is not just statement but
acting).

more surprising any driver, especially urban bicyclist like me know how to
detect intention of drivers, even without signaling lights, and at least
the unclear intentions that might be dangerous.

When our survival depend on detecting others intent and mood, we use all
fuzy data we can.
Not surprising that it work, if you look how some fraud detectors work in
finance and banking.

to fall back to cold fusion, i notice that many of those competence are
inhibited by believers and denialists around LENR. Some people restrict
their intelligence to conscious and clear messages, or filter out them with
a huge bias, to avoid seeing the facts (most also often use sophism to help
if needed). Only people who will potentially invest much wealth (money,
fame, credibility) in something, but did not yet invest it, can be openmind
enough to use all data to take the good decision... very transient
situation, since soon after having decided to commit or reject, they will
be biased to justify their decision, and thus unable to see inconvenient
facts (see Roland Benabou Groupthink/Denial theory). people who just talk
are not motivated enough to analyze well. people who have invested already,
are no more balanced and protect their mental comfort.

I'm not an exception. That is a problem.

See the people who jump into LENR as evidence that it is convincing.

Warned of my usual bias, I observe that there are enough of such jump to
trust LENR and industrial LENR+ to be convincing. More convincing than
calorimetry papers for me.