At 04:15 PM 12/13/2012, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Abd ul-Rahman Lomax <<mailto:a...@lomaxdesign.com>a...@lomaxdesign.com> wrote:

Jed, all those examples are PdD FPHE cells, if I'm correct. Right?

Well, the data from Pons is in heat after death, which is sort of like gas loading. No electrolysis or input noise.

But, often, one chaotic environment.

We are all familiar with Rossi's data, which is noisy at times. Like this:

<http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Lynn%20%20Oct%206%20Calorimetry%20based%20on%20steam%20temp.gif>http://lenr-canr.org/RossiData/Lynn%20%20Oct%206%20Calorimetry%20based%20on%20steam%20temp.gif

Ararta's gas cells produce very smooth curves. Too smooth.

I.e., Jed, you are questioning experimental results because they don't look right to you. "Right" is based on long experience with a particular kind of cell.

That's okay, but ... just so it's clear where the suspicion comes from.

I'll say, about the Arata results -- I have in mind those temperature plots that show a large heat release with initial loading, i.e., from the heat of formation of the hydride (presumably), then a decline, settling at 2 degrees of temperature difference between the chamber internal temp and a hollow chamger surrounding it, and two more degrees to ambient (which was surrounded with insulation). First of all, there is nothing to disturbe the internal environment, unless the reaction itself, which is taking place at a relatively low level,disturbs it, and, second, this rough indication of generated heat is not precise, and would rather naturally be averaged already. So what is "too smooth" about the Arata curves?

Arata took down his cells after 50 hours, still going strong, to measure helium, but I've never seen his results. (These were PdD gas-loading cells.)

Here are a bunch if curves of heat from chemical reactions during loading and de-loading of metals:

<http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Dmitriyevamechanisms.pdf>http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/Dmitriyevamechanisms.pdf

Dmitriyeva. Cool. She just got her PhD. For cold fusion work. Times are changing, Jed.