This kind of thing is such fun! See:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/engineering/news/110-predictions-for-the-next-110-years

I have a book from 1890 with predictions by people such as Westinghouse for
the year 1990. A lot of them were smack on target. In some ways it is not
so difficult to predict the future.

The latest issue of Sci. Am. is devoted to future predictions. Most of the
authors wimped out. They did not even take a stab at future computers. One
of them said that space-based cities would have to have low pressure, which
might affect the health of children. What a nitwit! Does he really think we
can build cities in space but we can't develop materials strong enough to
hold 1 atm of air pressure?