Teslaalset <robbiehobbiesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Celani was not able to allow long sustanable mode because this requires a
> higher temperature, which is possible but not for a long period of time in
> such transparant tube.

No, that is not an issue. He wrapped the cell in insulation. This allowed
him to lower the input power a great deal while maintaining the activation
temperature. But he was not able to lower input to zero. He hoped to do
that to eliminate all doubts about the calorimetry.

His plan was to trigger the effect with a heater and then gradually back
off all heater power. I do not know why this did not work. I did not
discuss it with him. I heard that it did not work. If the effect is an
artifact, that would be a reason for it not to work.

By the way, the Cerron-Zeballos paper is here:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/CerronZebainvestigat.pdf

I am well aware of it, and it is one of the reasons I have remained wary of
Focardi. I have heard reports that Focardi improved his calorimetry and
addressed this. But he has not published any papers describing this
improved calorimetry as far as I know, so I cannot judge whether he
addressed these problems. Other researchers I know who have visited him
have told me is is uncooperative. I have never met him or talked with him.

Regarding Ed Storms' analysis, it applies to all isoperibolic calorimeters
where you measure the temperature at the cell wall, regardless of what is
happening inside the cell. The reaction inside the cell could be liquid,
gas, or even nuclear plasma. The problem occurs when there is a lag in
heating different cell wall components, and when the cell wall heating is
not uniform.

In an electrolysis cell, Melvin Miles recommends measuring the
temperature wall rather than in the fluid. This eliminates all doubts about
mixing the fluid. As I said, he uses a copper cylinder around the cell to
ensure a uniform temperature. In other words, from the inside you have
layers: cathode, anode, electrolyte, cell wall, copper wall, temperature
sensor, crumpled up aluminum foil, second wall, ambient room air. His
calibrations show that temperature sensors located in different places
around the copper stay within a very small range of one-another. Changes in
ambient air temperature and currents of air have little effect on the
temperature sensors.