From: Jojo Jaro <jth...@hotmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thu, Dec 27, 2012 8:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Digital information storage in DNA

Well, Jed's story says that we can "store" exabytes of data.

Nowadays, we only use the "coding" part of DNA to figure out the amount of
"information".  Scientists erroneously assume the non-coding parts are "junk
DNA" that have no information.  That is not true.  The non-coding parts are not
Junk.  Newer research are indicating that all of our DNA have functions we
still do not know or understand.  If they have function, they contain
information we don't know about yet.

Jojo