To: <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Digital information storage in DNA

My paid employment means that I spend significant numbers of hours each day looking at DNA sequences, and the relationship between the DNA sequences of different species, from single celled bacteria through to homo sapiens. This shows, beyond a shadow of a doubt that the species 'evolved' from one through to the next in a way that is normally described in short hand as 'Darwinian Evolution'. I am nevertheless always more than happy to discuss the details as to the mechanisms by which the DNA changed during that process, and the relationship between DNA sequence and form, as there are many unanswered, and extremely interesting, questions to be asked. The basic tenet of Darwian Evolution still holds. It is possible that Darwinian Evolution is to the final evolutionary theory as Newtonian Physics is to the final physics theory incorporating quantum theory and relativity. Newtonian physics is not wrong, just not the complete picture. Ditto Darwinian evolution.

Nigel