A simplified experiment is the most elegant, the most understandable, and
the most convincing.

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax is wise to suggest that the pressure of air compression
by the piston in the popper is best removed as an experimental variable.

His astute suggestion about the addition of weight resistive to piston
movement in a vertical direction of proper design can greatly simplify the
over unity energy experiment for the popper.

So sorry please excuse me, why did I not see this wisdom to begin with?
See this Khan lecture to see the theory behind the simplest experiment for
over unity energy determination that can be executed.

http://www.khanacademy.org/science/physics/mechanics/v/work-and-energy--part-2

The height that the weighted piston travels upward to a stop determines the
output energy of the popper.

Unavoidably, the energy associated with the feedback current must be
determined and added to the energy imparted to the piston.

This experimental approach must be the simplest and cheapest one that can
be run to prove over unity energy production.

This experiment should be the one first run to evaluate the popper.

Cheers:     axil