Chem,
Maybe by use of "plasma" is not perfectly precise but for all purposes iron
at that temperature is a plasma because it is extremely ionized. Yes, the
usual idea of a plasma is that is a sort of gas but the main property
really is that electrons are stripped away from the nucleus this is the
case with the core of the earth. It is basically a plasma from this point
of view.
Giovanni