Thanks Chuck,

It's encouraging to know we've had the same ideas!  You may not have had
the polarity wrong.  I've gone through two wires with it so far.  I've
thought maybe I was putting too much power through it, but it also may be
that the hydrogen loading is very rough on the wire.  After running ~5 hrs
the wire broke and you could touch it, and it would disintegrate.  I may
need to try thicker wire (using .009" currently).