A major issue keeps being ignored. The effect CAN NOT occur unless a basic
change is made in the material. You can apply all the laser energy or RF
frequency you want, but nothing will happen until a critical change occurs,
which I call the NAE.

It all depends on how you consider the material. Matter can be considered
as either a particle or a wave. If we look on matter as a wave, then light,
heat, and RF can modify matter.

The field of Nanophotonics is a very new field in physics and within just
the last year is producing some amazing transformations of matter by
creating all sorts of interesting and useful quasiparticles.

We can now turn electrons into bosons by shining a laser on them or we can
now convert heat into electrons, infrared into x-rays of gamma rays into
heat.

The interaction of EMF with these nanoscale features leads to confinement
of the electromagnetic field to the surface or tip of the nanostructure
resulting in a region referred to as the optical near field. This effect is
to some extent analogous to a lightning rod, where the field concentrates
at the tip. In this region, the field may need to adjust to the topography
of the nanostructure which is subject to the boundary conditions of
Maxwell's equations. This means that the electromagnetic field will be
dependent on the size and shape of the nanostructure that the EMF is
interacting with. This is where the NAE is born.

For example, we can change the color of gold or carbon to any color of the
rainbow by adjusting the size and shape of its nanoparticle.

Novel optical properties of materials can result from their extremely small
size. A typical example of this type of effect is the color change
associated with colloidal gold. In contrast to bulk gold, known for its
yellow color, gold particles of 10 to 100 nm in size exhibit a rich red
color.

I am now of the opinion that manipulation of matter on the nano-scale,
where it is properly considered as a wave,  is where the mysteries of LENR
can be found.

Cheers:   Axil