From: Harry Veeder <hveeder...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Feb 20, 2013 9:36 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Russian meteor causes blast; hundreds injured

 If it is possible that Pi contains a coded version of the complete
works of Shakesoeare, then is it possible that Pi already contains a
different coded message, which we will never detect as long as the
natural language of this different message remains unknown to us?

Harry

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM, John Berry <berry.joh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 2:43 AM, Eric Walker <eric.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I suspect there is an invalid assumption about randomness that we are making
when we go along with the old thought experiment of a corps of eternally typing
monkeys eventually producing Shakespeare's folio or imagining that the folio
can
be found at some point transcoded in the decimals of Pi. I wonder if there is
already a mathematical proof out there to the effect that the latter is an
impossibility.