My impression is that NASA has done significant work with surface plasmon
effects and is absolutely convinced that they are such a breakthrough (in
other fields) that they are willing to overlook the problems as they pertain
to electrolysis LENR.

Separately, they believe LENR to be valid as a general proposition and do
not see the problems of a hybrid. Therefore IMHO - they have effectively
reversed the old witticism of two wrongs not making and right, and converted
that into two rights making a partial wrong. SPPs could be a good fit with
some kind of plasma reactor, if that is what DGT really has, but most of the
validation of LENR comes from electrolysis and that is a poor fit.

Perhaps they have seen something wrt cold neutrons which is not in the
public record. The rest of us are hampered by what is, or is lacking, in the
public record.

Jones

From: Jed Rothwell

Jones Beene presented a long list of objections to the W-L theory:

Miracle 1 - SPPs couple with photons of light to become activated. There is
little or no light in electrolysis LENR experiments - but some light exists
in plasma glow or Mills reactions. If W-L want to cover electrolysis, then
they should demonstrate the reality of light photons, which are absent.
Blackbody radiation is not sufficient.

Miracle 2 - "Nuclear strength" is MeV. There is no evidence of MeV fields or
even keV fields. These would be easy to document if they were present.
Nuclear-strength electric fields produce x-ray radiation which is largely
absent.

Et cetera.

I wonder about the people at NASA who endorse this theory. Have they
addressed this kind of critique? Have Jones Beene and others contacted them
directly? They should, I think.

I know that critics have discussed this with Widom and Larsen directly. I
don't follow the discussion, but I have seen scraps of it.

I doubt that it would be fruitful to discuss these objections with Krivit.
He probably would not respond. More to the point, I doubt he understands the
technical issues any better than I do, and I am not capable of addressing
them in useful detail. That is why I find his enthusiastic support for this
theory puzzling. It is as if he had strong opinions about the etymology
disputes over the Japanese words "arigato" (thank you) and "kappa"
(raincoat). Some people think these are borrow-words from Portuguese in the
15th century. Others, including me, think they have older Japanese roots. I
can have opinions about because I know something about the subject. If you
do not know any Japanese it would be pretty stupid to weigh in on it.

Hey, I had a semester in classical 17th century Japanese. I can sort of
follow the dialog in these NHK year-long dramas written in pseudo-old
fashioned Japanese. Such as this one now showing about a hot babe, Niijima
Yae (1845-1932), who was a famous 19th century gunsmith. Sort of like Anne
Oakley except she shot a bunch of people during the Meiji restoration Boshin
war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ryanr2CeRE

She was a real person. Very important. Her husband founded a university. But
she did not look like that. She looked like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamamoto_Yaeko

But, I digress.