Jones,
Rossi may be playing games with his patents and the particular isotope
may be inconsequential but your post has made me rethink the role of
the binding energy of the lattice nuclei.

Theoreticians have tended to fall into two camps.
Camp 1) Excess energy comes from the loaded nuclei so the binding
energy of the lattice nuclei is incidental.
Camp 2) Excess energy comes the lattice nuclei so the binding energy
of the loaded nuclei is incidental. In fact camp 2 is only interested
in hydrogen which has no binding energy. ;-)

I am proposing that the binding energy of the loaded nuclei and the
lattice nuclei are both relevant but the role of binding energy of the
lattice nuclei is different from that
imagined by camp 2.

Harry