On a prior thread, I think it was Jones Beene who suggested that
reversible proton fusion was one of the better models for LENR.

Jones
Beene<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com&q=from:%22Jones+Beene%22>Fri,
05 Apr 2013 05:52:56
-0700<http://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=vortex-l@eskimo.com&q=date:20130405>

Once, in about every 10^20 reversible fusion events,  there is a beta decay
in the short time before the reversal can complete.

It is one of the rarest events in physics - but without it, our sun produces
no heat.

On earth, because of this rarity - an experimenter could run an LENR cell
for a thousand years and never see a single proton-proton fusion proceed to
deuterium

From: Harry Veeder

It seems a bit more logical to suggest that the lack of gammas can be better
explained by the lack of the kind of nuclear reaction that produces gammas.
The most prevalent nuclear reaction in the Universe, reversible proton
fusion, produces no gammas. Shouldn't we be taking a closer look at RPF?

Wikipedia says proton-proton fusion produces a neutrino and a positron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton%E2%80%93proton_chain_reaction

Won't this result in an electron-positron anihilation and two gamma rays?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron%E2%80%93positron_annihilation

Harry