Stress generated cracks are important for the following reason. A NAE can not exist in a normal chemical environment. Consequently a change must take place. Any change requires energy because the chemical environment is at its lowest energy. Stress supplies this energy. When a crack forms, it contains the energy required to promote the electron associated with the hydron from the 1s to the 2p energy level, which is required to form the Hydroton. Simply having several particles come together as Axil proposes would not work because this process lower the energy, thereby making it unavailable to form the Hydroton.

My model uses only conventional chemical processes to create the structure that eventually initiates mass-energy release. Up to the formation of the Hydroton, the rules of chemistry are followed exactly. Once the Hydroton forms, the process gets more complicated. However, this later process does not need to be understood to start the process. To start CF, you only need to create the conditions required to form the Hydroton. I propose how these conditions can be created. Most of this process was described months ago in my first paper describing my proposed process.

Ed Storms

On May 6, 2013, at 5:20 PM, Roarty, Francis X wrote:

On Monday 5/6/13 Ed said [snip] this is not how I view the role of cracks. Presently these gaps are produced by stress relief in the surface region of a material. The stress can be caused by impurities, concentration gradients, or temperature gradients. The cracks are active at first while the gap remains small, but the gap grows too large and CF stops if stress continues to be created. The smaller the particle, the smaller the gap because less material means less stress. In other words, the particle size is only important to keep the gap size small and stable. [/snip]

Ed, does the gap always grow too wide? You sound convinced that the gaps on a particle surface are “stress” type and that the stress always trumps stiction force. What about leaching pits that would be created to make a skeletal catalyst? My thought is that pits of a skeletal cat would want to close the gap, any “metal rain” or loose conductive material should want to backfill the cavity closed. I also think we should consider the inter particle geometries formed in light of Axils proposed “metal rain” because this is equivalent to Jones suggestion of backfilling a cavity to activate/elevate the Casimir force only the metal rain or other forms of dynamic medium formed by plasma between the particles would be continually reforming new geometries. The concept would also lend some support to Rossi’s seeming oversized particle choice and tubule shapes.
Fran

From: Edmund Storms [mailto:stor...@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2013 6:31 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: Edmund Storms
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: [Vo]:RE: From Russia, with love

OK Axil, this is not how I view the role of cracks. Presently these gaps are produced by stress relief in the surface region of a material. The stress can be caused by impurities, concentration gradients, or temperature gradients. Regardless of the cause, the process is totally conventional requiring no magic. The cracks are active at first while the gap remains small, but the gap grows too large and CF stops if stress continues to be created. The smaller the particle, the smaller the gap because less material means less stress. In other words, the particle size is only important to keep the gap size small and stable. Again, no magic is required.

Rossi apparently uses a small particle size and reacts it with something (he calls a catalyst) to generate the correct amount of stress to produce the required gap size. He has discovered this process by trial and error and now has a recipe that works most of the time. However, he shows no indication he understands what is actually happening in his material.

If I'm correct, the correct gap can be produced using many different impurities, different particle sizes, and metals other than nickel. The role of the metal is to form a gap and then suppy hydrons to the gap. Again, no magic is required. The magic happens once the hydrons enter the gap. If this model is correct, the process becomes very simple and easy to replicate once creation of the gap is mastered. The electric discharge is only required to make H+ available to the gap. Again, no magic is involved at this stage.

If I'm right, all the patents issued so far are worthless because they do not describe what is actually happening in a manner that allows the critical conditions to be produced.

We have to wait to see if my idea is correct after the critical studies have been done. Meanwhile, Rossi and the other commercial efforts, I believe, are wasting their time and money.

Ed Storms