On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I cited 5 papers in Science, Nature, and JPC, all from different groups,
>> and I excerpted the parts where they make explicit claims to have produced
>> polywater. Whatever you recall is wrong.
>>

> Yes, there were reports of replications, according to Franks.

Finally, an admission,

> They were retracted in the end.

Well, yes, in the case of polywater (and N-rays), it was debunked to
everyone's satisfaction. That is much more difficult in some fields like
homeopathy and cold fusion that involve health or calorimetry (and world
saving potential).

It hasn't happened yet in cold fusion, and it may never happen. It doesn't
change the fact that until that debunking there were hundreds of papers
published on polywater, that were wrong. It happens. It took a decade for
polywater, it's been 2 for cold fusion and a century for homeopathy and
perpetual motion machines. Polywater was not real before its debunking, and
so the absence of debunking does not make cold fusion real. You need
positive credible evidence to convince people that cold fusion is real. And
there isn't any.