My very first post here, so be gentle. By way of introduction, I was on Usenet back in the P&F days and made some money off palladium futures - I mention this to indicate that I've been in this space before. It seems so very long ago. I used to post with the moniker LordSnooty back then. I certainly remember Jed Rothwell's excellent posts from those days. So, some general comments:

1. I don't see how either the energy and power density can be hoaxed, especially with continuous run times of over 100 days.

2. I don't have a problem with this verification being done at Rossi's facility, because he doesn't want people carting off the device and reverse-engineering the catalyst (I'm guessing palladium :) and the drive waveform. Nevertheless, this wasn't a "pure" third party verification.

3. You'll notice that the plot for Plutonium has the axes erroneously swapped.

4. The technology is green, but not rechargeable (except by inserting a new cell). This makes it a razor and razor blades type economic proposition. Nickel and hydrogen are dirt cheap and plentiful resources.

5. VASIMR together with this seems to make a decent combination for a future intrasolar space drive.

6. The missing test piece is electrical output. Same engineering issue as with any nuclear reactor; to turn heat into electricity.

Andrew Palfreyman