Many of us are saying that. I think it's the primary criticism.

----- Original Message -----
  From: Robert Lynn
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 1:00 AM
  Subject: [Vo]:Why did Rossi prevent detailed measurement of the power input?

  This has only just occurred to me, but in my mind is a bit of a red flag:

  The reactor vessel is a sealed metal container, no electrical or magnetic
signal of any frequency will penetrate it (It is a faraday cage).  And all of
the resistive heating elements are positioned around it, so they do nothing but
deliver heat to the reactor contents - no special magnetic or electrical
excitation can pass through the reactor vessel.  All of these configurational
details were revealed to the testers by Rossi.

  So why did Rossi feel the need to prevent detailed analysis of the input
power to these resistors that are no more than resistive heaters? We know he
ran it in at least a partially pulsed 35% on 65% off mode with period of about
6 minutes from the thermography.   So what possible harm could have come from
allowing continuous measurement of voltage drop and current flow through the
resistors?

  As such preventing that measurement serves no sensible purpose that I, or any
other engineer/scientist could see, it is a pointless obfuscation.  All it
achieves is raising suspicion about just what electrical power is really
flowing through those resistors.