From: mgi...@gibbs.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:50:29 -0700
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Hartman's not a vet...
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

Sunil,
May I quote you in a Forbes posting? If I may, may I cite your name?
Thanks in advance.
Yours,

Mark Gibbs.

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:20 AM, Sunil Shah <s.u.n....@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

My first post, after a couple of year's hiding in the shadows..

Just want to settle a couple of things.

Torbjörn Hartman's personal merits (as listed at
http://katalog.uu.se/empInfo?id=N96-5170)

state "Dr.Med.vet., civ.ing.".  Assuming the line is written in Swedish (which
it is, trust me : ), it says:

Doktor i Medicinsk Vetenskap, Civilingenjör.

These translate into English as: PhD Medical Science, MSc.

So, my guess is he did an MSc in Engineering Physics (5 yrs) followed by
research/studies in medicine.

CivIng does NOT mean Civil Engineer in Sweden.  It covers ALL higher level
engineering science paths, that

lead to a Master's level degree, and are 4-5 years long.  The traditional paths
being ChemEng, EE, Eng Physics,

Computer Science and _Civil_Engineering_

I am bilingual (Swedish/English) and did Engineering Physics (MSc)  : )

/Sunil