  From: Jed Rothwell
  To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [Vo]:web feed

  Andrew <andrew...@att.net> wrote:

    I'd like to see the next LENR test devised so that the possibility of fraud
is dramatically reduced.

  It would be fun to put the test on web video but I do not see how this would
reduce the possibility of fraud. If the people doing the test all want to
commit fraud they can easily set up a test that looks completely convincing.

  If you do not trust Levi et al. to make an honest report and to publish real
data, a video will not be more convincing to you than their report is. If you
think their method is incompetent, seeing it performed in real time on video
will not sway you.

  Many skeptics already say that Levi and the others who wrote the latest
report are in cahoots with Rossi. They are all engaged in fraud together. Other
skeptics claim there are special circuits in the wall which can deliver enough
power to melt steel and ceramic, magically without melting the wire from the
wall to the power supply. If that were true, a video would not reveal it. The
secret circuit is hidden from view.

  A skeptic can make up any number of other scenarios. It makes no difference
how far fetched these scenarios become. As I pointed out before, the skeptics
assume Rossi has magical ESP so that he knows what kind of power meter they
will bring, so he can set up everything just right to fool that particular
meter.