On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bill Beaty has an excellent quote on this subject, here:
>
> http://amasci.com/weird/vmore.html
>
> "Every fact of science was once damned. Every invention was considered
> impossible. Every discovery was a nervous shock to some orthodoxy. Every
> artistic innovation was denounced as fraud and folly.

Even if that were true, and I don't believe it, I hope you're not arguing
that on that basis, any fact that is damned must be true, or any invention
considered impossible is possible, or that any claimed discovery that
causes nervous shock must be real, or that every innovation denounced as
fraud is true as the driven snow.

Because that would be silly.