In normal AC system DC bias is VERY rare.  anytime a transformer is
involved the dc bias goes to zero.
Any AC powered device with a transformer in the front end of the power
supply will likely fail in a catastrophic way if any significant DC bias is
present.
(You drive the transfomrer magnetic material into saturation and it stops
being a transformer and becomes an air core inductor... with poor coupling)

Most precision AC power meters use an inductive current measurement and
probably an AC only  voltage step down transformer to measure voltage.
This  will not sense any DC voltage/current in the circuit.

The hall effect clamp on sensors that will measure DC have bias problems
and are generally far less accurate than clamp on transformers in AC
circuits.

In past jobs I've both designed and used power meters and I would have to
agree that if one is attempting to do fraud then putting DC bias on an
AC wall socket would be one possible way to do this.

This fraud is easily detected with a simple DC voltmeter or DC coupled
oscilloscope... so it would be a risky thing to do.... it is however given
the details of the
Rossi independent verification a possible fraud that would not have been
caught with the instrumentation used in this test.

Paul