COP of 10, cool

[0261] The following non-limiting examples illustrate the present
technology.

EXAMPLE 1 [0262] Nickel nanopowder having an average particle size of 10 nm
was is mixed with pyroelectric lithium tetraborate L12B4O7 crystallite
powder having particle size range of about 100 nm - 1000 nm. L12B4O7
crystallite
powder was prepared by mechanically crushing commercial L12B4O7 crystals to
powder. The powder mixture is placed to the reaction cartridge. The
reaction container was connected to a hydrogen gas line receiving hydrogen
gas from a pressurized hydrogen gas bottle. The reaction container was also
connected to the cooling fluid circulation. The reaction container was
pressurized with hydrogen gas to 20 bar (gauge) and slowly heated to 400 °C.

[0263] It is assumed that the pyroelectric crystallite powder was polarized
by the temperature changes within the reaction material. The temperature of
the reaction material was altered with external control (cooling fluid
circulation) to keep the pyroelectric crystallite powder polarized. The
system started to produce gamma radiation that had specific gamma photon
energies.

Generated thermal energy was removed by the cooling fluid circulation from
the reaction container. The amount of collected thermal energy was much
larger than the energy used for pre-heating the reaction container. After
the test the reaction cartridge was de-pressurized and let to cool to room
temperature for several days. The reaction material obtained from the
cooled reaction container contained possibly some helium gas and traces of
copper and beryllium that were not present in the original reaction
material before the experiment. The construction materials used for the
reaction container were originally free of copper and beryllium.

EXAMPLE 2 [0264] The experimental setup was the same as used in Example 1
but nickel nanopowder was replaced with titanium nanopowder and lithium
tetraborate was replaced with piezoelectric quartz S1O2 powder. Externally
controlled mechanical vibrations (ultrasonic source) provided the original
electric field by polarization of the piezoelectric material. A lot of
thermal energy was produced during the experiment. The COP was over 10.
After the reactions the reaction material obtained from the reaction
container possibly contained traces of vanadium isotopes and phosphorus
that were not present in the original reaction material, although
contamination from the steel used for the construction is not entirely
excluded.

[0265] Secondary nuclear reactions forming stable isotopes from non-stable
isotopes release more energy along time depending on the half lifes of the
non-stable isotopes until the system consists only of stable isotopes. It
is not yet certain how far along the titanium isotope chain it is possible
to proceed. It is herein hypothesized that lighter titanium isotopes are
fused with hydrogen into heavier titanium isotopes via non-stable vanadium
isotopes.

[0266] It is not yet known how extensive and fast is the deterioration of
the crystal structure of polarizable dielectric materials while operating
the system at conditions favorable for fusion. The probability of
proceeding further in the transmutation chain from the just created element
to the next heavier element (a proton added) is possibly weakened locally
after the first fusion reaction but the extent of deterioration that
destroys locally the favorable fusion reaction conditions (high local
electric field strength) for the transmutation is not yet clear.

EXAMPLE 3 [0267] The experimental setup was the same as used in Example 1
but nickel nanopowder was replaced with zirconium nanopowder and lithium
tetraborate was replaced with multiferroic BiFe03 powder. Externally
controlled magnetic field provided the local electric field by polarization
of the multiferroic material. It is hypothesized that hydrogen was fused
with zirconium because quite a lot of thermal energy was released
accompanied by noticeable gamma radiation. After the reactions the reaction
material obtained from the reaction container possibly contained traces of
niobium and molybdenum isotopes that were not present in the original
reaction material, although contamination from the steel used for the
construction cannot be entirely excluded.