"What would I tell them?"  If they are real friends as you claim and they think
you trustworthy, then it should be simple enough to say something like Kim said
- that is, I have been there, I have seen their system, and it looks like they
have something.  Stop the excuses.

I have never "complained" about lack of funding. That is only a accusation you
continually make - as if everyone is after money.  Yes there are times I have
not been funded, but those times were good - nothing to complain about.  Only
money grabbers would think that statement of lack of funding is a complaint.
Wise up to the real world where some people do things for reasons other than
money.  Get a heart and try to understand.

I see you back tracking, which is your usually style.  You definitely said "
nothing, anywhere".  You typically attack then back track.

You have edited some of my papers- true.  But not by my request and have never
offered to help.  I would have accepted.

But you are right in general. That is why this will be the end of my CF
adventure.  As you have pointed out, my papers do not do the field any favors,
and my research should only be done in big labs.   The era of the "amateur" is
coming to a close. That is clear.

D2

Who said I was "forced to retire"?  Again you throw out insults without fact.
I am retiring- True, but forced - False.   Only in your mind.