James, your comment might be right, but I suggest we have a bigger problem. Since patent protection for the basic process is not possible, a patent for the best application is the only protection. This is similar to the situation in mature technologies. However, a great deal of money will be needed to apply CF in the best way, with no assurance that someone else might find a better way before any return on the investment can be realized. Consequently, no incentive is created for seed money from private sources to get involved. This means the seed money has to come from government, which has no interest in getting involved because of the threat to present energy sources. This leaves Rossi as the last man standing, i.e. until a big industry discovers the secret recipe, perhaps in China, and solves the engineering problems faster than Rossi can. After this happens, small companies will be able to get money to improve and patent the application to special markets, as is the case for the present mature technologies. Meanwhile, the rest of us are treated to a show of nonsense and irrationally.

Ed