Hi Mauro,

Thanks for bringing this point up again. Being in the Southern hemisphere,
EC is probably harder for you to forget :)

Periodically we delve in-and-out of cosmological ramblings on Vortex,
looking for the possible LENR connection (or rather an external stimulus to
LENR).... and to be honest, when the Solar 11 year cycle came up this time -
I completely forgot about the Eta Carinae connection.

Given this known cycle, we probably do not need to invoke any other source
for variations in solar activity. But that does not mean that the energy
from EC is not "dark" for the most part. In fact dark energy may coincide
with bright energy.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2012/0208/Breathtaking-Carina-nebula-photo-
provides-window-into-star-nursery

Some of the other details are in this post below, including the remarkable
coincidence that its 5.5+ year cycle is almost exactly half the solar 11
year cycle (which is not precise anyway). As for the doubling, we can
surmise that precession of EC would mean that we "feel" only every second
cycle. Because of EC's proximity to us - we often get more cosmic energy
coming in from this single unstable zone (nebula not a black hole) than from
the rest of our galaxy, including its several black holes.

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@eskimo.com/msg63181.html

Jones