From: Jed Rothwell [mailto:jedrothw...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 2:58 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: [Vo]:how will massive oil discovery impact LENR?

I always have mixed feelings about things like this. On one hand I hate to
see people having to pay so much for gasoline.

>Another way to look at "Paying so much" is that in the 50's, a US silver
quarter would buy a gallon of gasoline.  Today a pre 1964 US quarter will

>buy about a gallon and a half, so the real price has declined.  You can't
measure things with a super elastic yardstick!

On the other hand, without price pressure there is no incentive to develop
alternative fuels, better batteries or even cold fusion.