My friend Howard who is in the garbage business wants to extract metals from
acid mine drainage.  I don't think it is economic.  The DEP may require him to
completely clean up the waste stream after partially cleaning it up while
extracting metals.  This is a non starter.

Howard showed me something interesting.  He get two types of plastic in the
trash.
HDPE milk bottle like plastic and XLP clear soda like bottle plastic.  The
waste stream is
worth a lot more if he can automatically separate the two types of plastic.

Now you see where my cold fusion effects have taken me; to the junk yard.
Any ideas?

Frank