Note that superconductors are only zero resistance for DC.  As the
frequency goes up, there is a finite resistance that increases with
frequency.  At 1 GHz RF, the superconductor still has some advantage over
copper at the same frequency.  As you start going beyond 10 GHz
superconductors become less useful and at some frequency, there is a
cross-over and copper is better.  For the upper microwave bands, resonators
with highest Q are pure dielectric devices with no conductor at all.

So using a "superconductor" for THz or optical resonators is not practical.
 HTC superconductors are worse than type 1 superconductors in this respect.
 Otherwise superconductors would always look white (or mirror if polished)
if they were zero resistance at optical frequencies because they would have
perfect reflectance.  HTC superconductors are black.

1D systems will behave differently, and there may be some opportunity
there.  I don't believe SPPs are 1D.