Mark Karpeles interviewed in a chat, using the handle MagicalTux:

[12:01] <MagicalTux> ... any BTC I own personally were on MtGox
[12:02] <JonWickedFire> How much did you lose yourself?
[12:04] <MagicalTux> Well, technically speaking it's not "lost" just yet, just temporarily unavailable

http://www.wickedfire.com/shooting-shit/179038-my-conversation-mark-karpeles-mtgox-2.html#post2164682

Heh... whatever he's talking about here makes far more sense than saying that 744,000 bitcoins were stolen from cold storage, over a term of years, without anyone noticing. I don't think we've heard the true story yet.

Craig