Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com> wrote:

> One interesting concept : since Ni/H LENR might not be throttle-able,
> inject a stream of gas (H2?) and Ni nanoparticles into the reactor chamber.
> Throttle by modulating the mass content and/or velocity.

Cold fusion produces so much energy per gram of hydrogen I do not think it
is possible to modulate it enough to control the reaction. There are no
pumps or valves that can admit such tiny quantities at a constant rate. It
is roughly 10 million times smaller than the delivery of gasoline by a fuel
pump.

The other problem is that this method will only work if fraction of
hydrogen that reacts remains remains constant. I doubt that is true. I
expect that if one moment 0.01% of the available hydrogen is consumed, the
next moment it might be 10%. In other words, the presence of hydrogen alone
does not control the consumption rate. Other control factors dominate. The
reaction fluctuates a great deal when there has been no change in the
amount of hydrogen in the cell, and probably not much change in the amount
absorbed by the metal. Unless we can figure what these control factors are,
and find ways to "control the control factors," I do not think cold fusion
can be controlled.

The control factors are different for gas loading versus electrolysis. No
doubt the net result is the same, in terms of the special conditions in the
metal (the NAE).