On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM, D R Lunsford <antimatter3...@gmail.com>wrote:

No one will ever take cold fusion seriously if they come here and read
> nonsense about how relativity is wrong.

You are no doubt correct about all of the nonsense going over this list
about relativity being wrong.  I suspect that there is someone, somewhere
out there, who can argue persuasively for looking at some corners of
relativity that have not been sufficiently probed.  Such a person is
probably not on this list.  There is one soul who has bet the farm on
relativity being wrong, who has all confidence in his understanding of the
matter and who intends to teach us about our ignorance.  There are one or
two others who have been entertaining some of the thought experiments as an
interesting exercise.  The universe is in order, for this is a list for
discussing the way-out and improbable with an open mind.  There's no one to
tell these folks that they should hew to the orthodox and put away the
fantasies about relativity being wrong.  It's a little unsettling, but you
just have to get used to a low signal-to-noise ratio and keep an eye out
for the interesting gems of insight that are occasionally mentioned.
 Anyone who would be put off by the current discussion of relativity would
be unlikely to be influenced by something more profound that might also be
discussed at some point.  They would just unsubscribe in disgust, as
happens from time to time.

Eric