Bob, 23.8 MeV of energy must be released for each He made. Each emitted He4
from Be8 needs to carry 23.8 MeV of energy. Please explain how even a small
fraction of that energy can appear as spin.

When alpha particles pass through material, a series of nuclear reactions can
occur that emit radiation. In addition,  bremsstrahlung radiation is emitted as
the alpha slows down. Hagelstrin describes these processes in the papers I
attached previously. I suggest you read them.

Ed