That would be my guess.  The vacuum is full of branes of all varying energy
levels.  They are all decaying at varying rates and form and are connected
by strings.  Hydrogen appears pop in/pop out and string together

I think we live on a Brane (6-D core of the Earth) and are immersed in this
quantum field and our weather disturbances are just high energy branes
decaying around us.

Our Doppler radars are interacting with the vacuum in our atmosphere as
they measure the "weather"

"The good news is we are not getting older, we are decaying"

Stewart
http://darkmattersalot.com/2013/04/15/is-it-our-brane-thats-still-foggy-or-is-it-just-string-theory-for-dummies-me/