Alain Sepeda <alain.sep...@gmail.com> wrote:

> some say that they first tried to same the plane
> "aviate-navigate-communicate", but some remind in case of fire the
> directive is communicate first then work on the fire.

They had many hours to deal with the emergency, assuming it started with
the flight deviation. Surely, during all that time, they had a moment to
contact flight control and issue an emergency. They could trigger the
SARSAT emergency beacon in a second by pressing a button.

The notion that they were fighting a fire for hours, and they never got a
chance to communicate, makes no sense at all.

did they have radio contact ? it seems they were out of any control area ?
> but were they connected by radio anyway ?

They always have radio contact. Large airplanes have SARSAT connections to
satellite telephones.

not everybody can land a plane of Hudson River and stay calm.

Over several hours any pilot will be calm enough to press the emergency
beacon button or call in an emergency. If the event had lasted only a few
minutes I could understand they might be overwhelmed, but there is no doubt
it lasted for hours.