We hear so much chatter about the Coulomb barrier and how difficult it is to
overcome for fusion events to occur.  Perhaps we should consider it as an
electromagnetic barrier instead.  There is plenty of reason to suspect that a
magnetic component of force is active along with the electric component.

Some in this list believe that spin coupling has a large impact upon the rate
of LENR activity and there may well be other magnetic interactions associated
with nano particles and their large local magnetic fields.  I tend to think
that these couplings are a key concept that needs to be understood in detail if
an ultimate theory is to be developed.

The Coulomb repulsion can be reduced by magnetic attraction according to my
thoughts and that would also explain magnetic interactions and low temperature
operation of LENR devices.  Should we drop the reference to Coulomb barrier and
replace it with reference to an Electromagnetic Barrier?

Dave