The Cravens experiment shows two important optimizations applied to LENR:
direct application of magnetism and sizing particles based on dipole based
black body temperature resonance.

A powdered magnet is used to provide magnetic stimulation of LENR reactions
on the surface of carbon micro particles.

This experiment shows that the LENR reaction is scalable down to very low
levels of magnetic strength.

Carbon is a poor nanoplasmonic material and should be replaced with
tungsten, a nonmagnetic metal to increase the power of the reaction.

http://periodictable.com/Properties/A/MagneticType.html

Tungsten is paramagnetic and has a negative coefficient of reflectivity
which will greatly increase SPP confinement on its surface.

Other paramagnetic metals including Titanium, Molybdenum, and Palladium
will work just as well.