http://arstechnica.com/science/2014/04/draining-reservoir-after-urination-incident-shows-tenuous-grasp-of-science/

In an
interview<http://www.vocativ.com/tech/internet/portlands-teen-urinator-speaks-whiz-seen-round-world/>with
Vocativ, the teenager in question, Dallas Swonger, denied urinating in
the reservoir at all, stating he actually hit a wall instead. "I leaned up
against the wall and pissed on it," Swonger said. Swonger also contested
the cleanliness of the reservoir prior to his actions: "I’ve seen dead
birds in there. During the summer time I’ve see hella dead animals in
there," Swonger told Vocativ. In 2011, Shaff told the *Mercury* that the
reservoir is not shut down for nature's transgressions. "If we did that,
we'd be shutting it off all the time. We fish out animals or things that
have blown in all the time," Shaff said.

The reservoir will reportedly cost $35,000 to clean and had just had one of
its twice-yearly cleanings three weeks ago.